So, it’s 269 days until we get married.
That’s just over 38 weeks away.
I always said that as soon as Autumn started to come around the wedding would creep up on us, and although to some the amount of time left seems enormous, the fact we got engaged in October 2013 and 7 months have already passed makes me feel as though I’m going to wake up soon and it’ll be the day.
Things that are organised:
• The venue for the ceremony & reception
• The order of service
• My wedding dress
• The photographer
• The cake
• The florist & type of flowers
• Make-up artist for myself & the bridesmaids
• The colour scheme
• Table favours
• The DJ
• The chosen bridesmaids and groomsmen
Things that are yet to be organised:
• Bridesmaids dresses (I have 6 bridesmaids of completely different shapes and sizes!)
• Wedding invitations
• Music choices, from start to finish. My friend is singing for us (hopefully!) during the ceremony but we’ve made no firm decisions about which songs to play.
• Decor details, ie. table centrepieces, chair covers…
• The menu - we’re going menu tasting soon though!
• The groomsmen’s suits
• Hair stylist and general beauty stuff, like nails
• Ceremony details, who will be giving a reading and blessing afterwards
• Transport for me & bridesmaids
• Wedding rings
• Gifts for the parents, bridesmaids and groomsmen
There’s probably 100 other things too. Shit… Before making this post I genuinely thought I had everything under control…